Helping Injured Workers With Claims
When you are injured on the job and need help, you may feel stressed and emotional. Navigating a workers’ compensation claim is an often overwhelming process. You don’t have to navigate these procedures alone.
At Callis Papa & Szewczyk, PC, we understand the impact a workplace injury has on your life and future. We use our decades of experience to guide you through the claims process and fight for the compensation you need to move forward.
Understanding Workman’s Comp Laws
State laws determine how compensation benefits will be distributed, and the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act explains the rights of injured workers. Employees hurt on the job may be entitled to:
- Have all medical expenses paid
- Choose what doctor to see
- Training in another position or occupation
- Benefits to supplement lost income
Workers granted compensation under these laws are not allowed to sue their employer for damages.
Types Of Benefits
Workers can seek a number of benefits to help with financial security and recovery efforts. Compensation types include:
- Partial permanent disability: A lump sum settlement that is paid out when a worker partially loses the use of a body part.
- Permanent total disability: Lifetime payments based on two-thirds of the average gross weekly wage of the employee are paid out when a worker is left unable to physically work due to their injury.
- Temporary total disability: Temporary payments based on two-thirds of the average gross weekly wage of the employee are paid out when a worker needs time off to heal.
- Wage loss differential: Payments that supplement the difference when a worker is forced to take a lower paying job due to their injuries.
Types Of Workplace Accidents
Our attorneys have the knowledge, skill and experience to help workers injured in a variety of circumstances. We have handled cases involving:
We Can Help You Pursue A Claim Today
Our workers’ compensation attorneys are dedicated to bringing injured workers the maximum compensation available as quickly as possible. If you were injured in an accident at work, or lost a loved one to a workplace incident, contact our Granite City office today. Call to schedule a consultation at 618-452-1323 or fill out our contact form today.